Weddings at Inkwenkwezi Private Game Reserve are as romantic and unique as the Wild Coast itself; as unforgettable as the love that brought you together. Contemporary and yet, authentically African, our perfectly-appointed venue is the ideal mix of wild beauty and modern comfort. Walking down the red carpet to take your vows in Inkwenkwezi’s charming open-air chapel, nestled in the gardens amongst the trees, is the beginning of your happily ever after. As the sun sets, the venue’s lights flicker on capturing the beauty deep into the night. (Rest assured that in the event of inclement weather a stunning chapel will be set on our covered deck.)
Once you have taken your vows and are ready to celebrate, you and your guests will enjoy a banquet of a lifetime – made from the freshest, hand-picked ingredients and accompanied by a selection of the finest wines. You will dance your way into a new life together as music and laughter echo into the starry skies.
“For a wedding in paradise” The place of African Legends
A Truly unique wedding venue on the Wild Coast, with so much more…
Weddings at Inkwenkwezi Private Game Reserve are contemporary and yet truly African . Our well located venue is the ideal combination of wild beauty to fit modern comfort.
Inkwenkwezi as your Venue
Captivate your guests as you make your way down the red carpet to take your vows and say “I do”. The open-air chapel is situated under an old wild fig tree. We offer a beautiful garden setting with water features, incorporating small ponds and streams. Whilst saying your vows your guest will enjoy the shade that the fig tree provides.
After the service you may wander into our garden for your photo session. The breath-taking landscapes will allow you an opportunity to have a range of unique photographs, a landscape like no other.
During the photo session your guests and invited to have pre-arranged Inkwenkwezi welcoming drink and snacks or cocktails and canapés – depending on what you have chosen for them – provided by Inkwenkwezi.
Emthombeni – The Perfect Reception
The thatched Emthombeni Venue becomes one with the enchanting gardens when the large sliding doors are opened; it is beautiful and well-designed. Your unique table decor and artistic displays will ensure that your Wedding day reflects your individual personalities and style.
Our kitchen will cater to your requirements and only the finest and freshest ingredients are used. The buffet serves more than generous portions. Choosing from one of our six available menus guarantees that we will have meals to suit every taste. The Wedding Reception banquet and fully-stocked bar are always operated as per your instructions.
We can ensure you that your Wedding day will be catered exclusively to you and your fiancés needs.
At Inkwenkwezi our main aim is to give attention to detail, in order for you and your partner to have a memorable day.
Prior to your big day we invite you to meet with our coordinator to discuss, in detail, the various options.
We will endeavor to fulfill all your expectations.
Our Wedding Package Includes:
· Your own Inkwenkwezi Function Coordinating team for the day with unlimited time and attention to detail.
· Complimentary overnight accommodation for the bride and groom in our luxury Honeymoon suite.
· A complimentary bottle of sparkling wine or grape juice in your room.
· A complimentary Game drive after an enjoyable breakfast the next day.
· Our experienced and dedicated team will be present to assist you and your guests on your special day.
· A wooden podium to use in the chapel and for your speeches in the reception (optional)
· Bar and Waiter staff
· Extensive safe parking for your guests
· Crockery, cutlery and glassware
· Rectangular tables and wooden chairs (custom to the venue)
· Cake knife and cake table.
· Gift table with a wooden lockable letter box for your envelopes.
Our Wedding Themes
At Inkwenkwezi we focus on attention to detail so that your Wedding is everything you ever dreamed of. Prior to your big day we invite you to meet with us to discuss, in detail, the various options available to you.
Fairy Tale: The most magical setting – with fairy lights, tiffany chairs and soft flowing fabrics in the venue to feature the elegance and grandeur of a romantic Cinderella Fairytale Wedding.
Rustic: Inkwenkwezi’s venue offers earthy colours and natural elements, wood woven lantern balls hanging from the high thatched roof, earthy stone floors and beautiful Teak furniture. A true African experience.
Classic Vintage: Clean lines with a mixture of classic and rustic decor transforms the venue to pure elegance with a classy touch. Floor length table cloths, candelabras, greenery and tiffany chairs create your own classic touch to your wedding.
Rates for services rendered
· Chapel hire for the day of your wedding
· Chair and white chair covers. Inkwenkwezi will be required to set up an additional 10% of chairs as family members and friends don’t always occupy all the seats next to them and late coming guests always tend to sit at the back rather than close to the front .
· Red carpet hires
· Sound system for the service
Inkwenkwezi has a highly experienced function coordinating team to assist you with additional requirements in planning your perfect wedding. We also assist with placing your decor, name cards etc on the tables; a wedding planning schedule and the handling of all correspondence via e-mails, meetings and telephonically.
· 1-70 guests will be charged
· For the month of March, April, September, October, November and December we will require a minimum of 70 guests to commence with a wedding.
· Months of January , February , May , June , July and August a minimum of 50 guests will be required to commence with a wedding
· Morning / Lunch Function/Wedding(11H00 – 18H00): Should the function/wedding continue beyond 18h00 an additional surcharge will be charged for the first hour. After one hour the surcharge will increase per hour there after
· Afternoon/ Evening Functions/Wedding(14H30 – 24H00): Should the function/wedding continue beyond 24h00 an additional surcharge will be charged for the first hour. After one hour the surcharge will increase per hour there after
· An additional waiter/ bar attendant fee will be implemented if you desire to have a plated option menu.
During the months of June and July 2017, there will be no venue hire charge. Heaters will be provided at no additional charge to keep you and your guests warm. The bridal couple’s parents have an option of staying with the couple on the night of the wedding, complimentary. (A total of 4 guests may accompany the couple). This is valid for the months of June and July only
Past experience with outside coordinators have not been successful, for this reason we do not allow outside coordinators to arrange functions in our venues. We recommend using our coordinating team, who have the highest standards and willensure your special day is a dream come true.
· White table cloths
· Bridal skirt for bridal table (up to a 12 seater)
· Tiffany Chairs (white) incl cushions
· Under plates (gold, Silver and red).
· Draping and Fairy lights
· TV & DVD Facilities for kids (up to 24h00)
Kindly note that this facility is available under guests own parental supervision
· Baby Sitter will be additionally charged if requested, guests are more that welcome to bring their own baby sitter
Above is a list of only a few of the services and decor that we offer.
We have plenty of ideas and additional options available. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your likes and dislikes of planning your big day.
We have a selection of five buffet menu options and one plated menu.
You are more than welcome to discuss any special dietary requirements you and your guests might have with the function coordinator.
· Copper Buffet Menu
· Bronze Buffet menu
· Silver Buffet menu
· Gold Buffet Menu
· Platinum Buffet Menu
· Diamond Plated Menu
Children under 10years of age will be charged a 50% cost of the menu. Children under the age of 3years and younger will be complimentary.
We offer you a facility of a Cash Bar or Tab Bar. We need you to provide us with your maximum Tab Bar amount, which have to be settled 7 days prior to your very special day. If there is a balance owing to the client it will be refunded. Please note that Inkwenkwezi Private Game Reserve has a fully licensed bar and will supply all Liquors, Wines & Champagnes.
Corkage will not be allowed. No alcohol is permitted to be brought onto the premises and guests are not allowed to be drinking from their cars in the car park.
We normally serve a welcoming drink after your church service and while your photo shoots are in progress. The welcoming drinks can consist of an alcoholic and non alcoholic drink. This is at an additional charge.
Guests are welcome to contact Inkwenkwezi if accommodation is needed for out of town guests. We will gladly be able to assist you and arrange special rates for your guests during this period. Booking will be required to be made in advance to avoid disappointment, all accommodation is subject to availability.
We have four types of accommodation to offer you and your guests.
1. Bush camp tented accommodation: Bush camp offers accommodation for twelve guests. All tents have electric lights, twin beds with comfortable cloud 9 mattresses. From the hilltop site the camp overlooks a valley and each safari tent is positioned on a raised timber deck offering you your own private viewing. Each tent has its own bathroom resembling a cave. This tent is situated within the reserve.
2. Valley Camp Tented Accommodation: The valley camp offers twelve guests accommodation in six custom designed luxury tents, the bathrooms are en-suite with a slipper bath and shower. Tents are furnished with twin three quarter beds. (Honeymoon suite has a queen size bed). This tent is situated within the reserve.
3. Umnenga Lodge: Umnenga Lodge is situating 6km away from Inkwenkwezi Private Game reserve, outside of the reserve at Glen Eden and 1km away from pristine beaches. All roads to the establishment are tarred. Umnenga Lodge is ideal for accommodating groups. Umnenga has 4 double rooms and 15 Twin rooms. Meals can be enjoyed at one of many restaurants in the area.
4. Chintsa Sands: Situated 4km away from Inkwenkwezi outside of the game reserve at Chintsa West. A stone throw away from the beach area. Each room has an en-suite bathroom and facilities including a TV and coffee/ tea making facilities. Chintsa Bay restaurant is situated above the guest house where guests could enjoy meals.
All accommodation bookings must be made prior to the event to avoid disappointment.
Inkwenkwezi Private Game Reserve has sufficient, safe parking for your guests.
A tentative booking can be made and will only be held for 7 days. To confirm your booking and your wedding at Inkwenkwezi Private Game Reserve a R4500.00 deposit is required. The deposit can be paid off in three easy instalments of R1500.00 per month.
Please note that the deposit is not refundable if the wedding is cancelled. Kindly fax your proof of payment to 043 734 3888 to keep on file.
As reference please use your surname and date of the wedding
E.g. Niemand 4 July 2018
The above amount can be deposited into the following bank account.
ACCOUNT: 126 305 6393
REF: Surname and date of wedding.
The balance of the total outstanding payment for your wedding needs to be settled within 10 days prior to your big day.
Kindly note: The 2018 wedding package is valid from the 1 November 2017 up until 31 October 2018. Prices are subject to an increase without notifications
We thank you once again for inquiring about our venue at Inkwenkwezi Private Game Reserve.
You can contact us if you would like to arrange to view the venue and discuss your requirements.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further information or assistance, be assured of our best attention and service at all times.
Looking forward to hearing from you
+27 (0)43 734 3234
By Air : East London’s airport is forty minutes drive from Inkwenkwezi.
By Road: From East London: take the N2 highway to Umtata approximately 25km out of East London, watch for the signpost to Inkwenkwezi/Chintsa, turn right, 8km along you will find the entrance to Inkwenkwezi Private Game Reserve on your right situated on the breathtaking Wild Coast.